I have an idea I want to share with you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    —ppeltonen

Hi. We have never met, but my name is Pamela Peltonen or Pam in Tx on the feed. I sent an idea into Raj and heard back from one of the producers saying they really liked the idea and would share it with Glenn, but I haven’t heard back from them. I think we need to go forward with this idea because we don’t have much time to get ourselves organized. When I found this forum, I thought it would be a great place to bounce this idea around and see what you guys think of it.

I would like to start a site modeled after craigslist or facebook but the site will be totally dedicated to bartering between members of GBTV only. The idea would be to offer products or services either free or for swap. Fire wood, food, seeds, canning services, mechanic work, really anything goes. I have chickens so I always have more eggs than I can use. If someone in my area needs eggs for thier kids then we could come up with a trade. In short, we make our own currency with what talents and goods we have in our possession.

I’d like your help to set this up. I don’t care who gets credit or about making money. I just feel that this is what I was born to do in this specific period of time. We must get organized so that we can link arms and provide for one another. We will survive if we can rely on people we trust. I trust you! Will you trust me?

stinkybisquit

I was thinking of the same thing this morning! Whether it’s something you want to get rid of, want to sell or give away; or if there’s something you need.

Even if you simply find a good buy, and you could point people toward it.

Perhaps we could talk TLan80 into adding a new section, something like a “Marketplace.”

edit: just remembered another idea, TLan: how about a “Made In America” section?

—ppeltonen

I knew we would think alike. I love the made in America page too. Thanks and I look forward to hearing more from you.

tlan80

That’s a good idea Pam. I created the “MARKETPLACE” section. If anyone has any suggestion of how to better set up that section please let me know. Perhaps combine the “Products” and “Services” boards? Add boards?

—corye

I love that idea! I’ll check out the new section.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.