Looking for good recipes for leftovers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zephyrk9

Hi gang..what I’m looking for, is recipes for leftovers. We don’t waste food but eating the same thing for 2-3 days gets..well old. Don’t get me wrong I’m thankful for the food we have to eat. Unfortunately I never paid attention to my mom’s YUMMY casseroles…I wish I had. With just my husband and I we usually have left overs every other night so I’m looking for simple recipes to use..nothing difficult just a way to switch up a meal.
      I usually make fried rice w/ left over beef or chicken..but would LOVE to see some casseroles in the recipe section. Thanks
      Sher

—donnareed

Leftovers Choice 1: Shepherd’s Pie Tweak
        Place leftovers (except potatoes, save those) into a casserole.
        Mix up some appropriate instant gravy, use leftover gravy or undiluted cream of mushroom soup; pour over leftovers…

Whip up leftover potatoes or make a batch of mashed taters (even instant for an easier prep); spread those on top of the casserole

Bake for about 45-60 min in 350F oven

Leftovers Choice 2: Pot Pie
        Place leftovers in casserole
        Top with a thawed sheet of puff pastry for a family sized pot pie (or make individual pot pies)

Leftovers Choice 3: Dumplings
        In large soup pot (with a lid), add leftovers; leave about 3″ on top for dumplings
        Cover with stock or broth
        Bring to a boil
        Drop dumpling batter on top (bisquick, add milk until batter is consistency of soft ice cream or a little looser than whipped potatoes)
        Drop heat to about half and cover
        About ten minutes later, you have dinner

Leftovers Choice 4: Soup
        Except for meat, tater skins and other fibrous stuff, puree leftovers in blender or food processor
        Freshen up with a new round of herbs/spices (tarragon and rosemary are great at freshening up leftovers)
        Cube meat and add to mix
        Bring to a boil, then simmer for a hour
        Can freeze for a later quick meal

Leftovers Choice 5: Breakfast
        Dice up leftovers
        Put in cake pan or casserole
        Beat enough eggs to cover leftovers
        Top with cheese
        Bake for 30 min in 350F oven

Leftovers Choice 6: Pasties
        Thaw or make a pie crust
        Using half a pie crust, place non-soggy leftovers on one half of these halves; fold over crust, crimp edges and poke steam hole in top
        Serve with gravy

zephyrk9

Ohhh wonderful idea..ya know I used to make Shepherds pie all the time…i’d totally forgotten about that…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.