What Natasha Says…the Feeders Feed Q&A

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dm_in_dm

How did you score an internship with Mercury Inc.?

I had been a fan of Glenn’s since his Philadelphia days and when I went to college in New York I remembered that he was broadcasting out of New York City so I sent an email to MRA inquiring about an internship, not really expecting to get a response, but literally two hours later Joe Kerry called me and the next week I was in the office and have been held captive ever since. (And that was the longest run on sentence ever).

Who is your favorite band… after Katy Perry?

I do love Katy, but not as much as Alice Cooper. I’ve seen him in concert 4 times (soon to be 5!). I just love his music. I’ve got a rock n roll soul. He is the original king of shock rock and one of the first rockers to mesh theatrics with concerts. And that whole controversy with him killing a chicken on stage in the 70’s? He meant no harm. He actually thought chickens could fly like other birds! How cute is he?

Natasha, do you view politics differently since being with Glenn ?

I never really think of Glenn as a big politics guy, I think he looks at it from a values perspective above anything else. I would say my values match up with his most of the time.

What are some of the pros and cons of moving out of New York and moving to Dallas/Fort Worth?

Pros:

No more smelly city smells, I won’t have to walk a mile, get on a train, and then walk another mile through one of the most popular tourism attractions in the world to get work every day, No income tax in Dallas!, Cowboys, An excuse to wear my extensive collection of cowgirl boots.

Cons: Not seeing those iconic NYC landmarks every day, The energy of NYC, not being able to run out and get Shake Shack, an infomercial product, a robot costume on a moments notice, No New York style pizza, I hear it’s really hot in Texas…

What would be the three most important things parents of college-age kids do to inoculate them against progressivism on campus?

1) Tell them to believe half of what they see and none of what they hear. Never take a professors word as truth. Always question everything.

2) Get off campus. Do not rely on school to shape your views. Always be involved in other activities that aren’t related to school. As Mark Twain supposedly said, “Don’t let your schooling get in the way of your education!”

3) Make them read “In the Garden of Beasts.”

What was your favorite test product and why?

I really loved the Rejuvenique Mask. It was just so creepy and weird. The scars were worth it.

If you were stuck on a desert island with Jeffy, Pat, Stu, and Glenn, who would you cannibalize first?

Well that’s easy! I would cannibalize Stu first. That way, he couldn’t tell me what to do and that means less work for me. Oh, revenge is sweet.

When/how did you discover Glenn Beck, and what do your friends think of Glenn and your working for him?

I used to listen to Glenn with my Dad in the car. At first I would listen because I had to (can’t jump out of a moving car!) but then after awhile I started to really like him. It’s bizarre to think I went from listening to him in my dad’s beat up jeep to working for him! Most of my friends think it’s really cool. But some friends don’t even know who GB is. Basically, my generation sucks.

If called to service, will you accept our nomination of you to be queen of the 4th Hour to end the tyranny of Pat and Stu?

I would be honored! Does a tiara come with the title? I’m all about the tiara.

What sports do you like and what are your favorite teams?

Well, I was born in Philadelphia so I’m obligated to be a Philly fan. I enjoy watching football. Yes, I know the Eagles are terrible this season. Being a Philly fan though, you get used to losing. And Cole Hamels of the Phillies is really hot so I’ll watch them sometimes. I would never say I’m a die-hard sports fan though. I really like watching gymnastics, too. Does that count?

Why did you want to get into radio? Is this what you want for a career or will you pursue another “dream job” if the opportunity presents itself?

I’ve wanted to go into radio for a long time. As I’m writing this, I can’t believe that I’m answering your questions about my job in radio. Ha. It’s surreal and I’m pinching myself. Ouch. I grew up listening to talk and music radio. My dad always had it on and that’s how he would teach me. I learned about the news, I learned history, I learned to love classic rock and the oldies. My dad always had an anecdote to go along with whatever was on the radio. Radio played such a huge part in my upbringing that it just seemed like a natural career direction for me. And plus, it’s really really fun.

***Bonus question***

Natasha, as one of the 9 4th Hour Supreme Court Justices you picked, I was wondering what caught your eye on each of our 9 applications. Or has it been too long to remember? -Mac in WV

Ha, it’s been a long time, but all of the Supreme Court justice applications were so creative and thoughtful. It really was tough to pick just 9! I think I looked for ones that really knew the show well. Don’t feel too lucky yet though, we need to pass this dang constitution if we ever want to call upon your judicial talents!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.